Home

Luftwaffe dagger makers

Luftwaffe Daggers - Johnson Reference Book

Luftwaffe Dagger Producers. Listed below is the beginning of a list of blade producers for the DLV, NSFK...1st and 2nd model Luftwaffe officers dagger. During this transition of building a Luftwaffe data base...if there is any producer I have missed or overlooked please post it below and I will add the producers name to the list German Dagger Maker Marks. This is a list of all of the known German WWII Dagger Maker Marks. Aesculap. ASSO. Axt & Hauerfabrik. Backhaus. Bahrl, Julius. Balke & Sohne. Barthelmess Maker Marks identify the manufacturer of the blade. Distributor Marks identify the retail outlet which sold the edged weapon. Different combinations of marks can be seen, ranging from an unmarked blade to a blade with a Maker Mark and a Distributor Mark. This gallery consists of 2 sections. The first section is a list of 262 currently. Wardaggers.com - German dagger reproductions are prevalent in today's collector market and cover all branches of the German Military during WWII. This page is dedicated to expose some of the more blatant reproductions and the minor details that can sometimes be used to determine a good dagger from a reproduction l015867 officer's dagger hangers. l013685 luftwaffe k98 bayonet frog. l025482 k98 combat bayonet. l010285 luftwaffe spanish civil war commemorative miniature sword. l025682 close combat/trench knife. l009185 close combat/trench knife. l022474 second pattern officer's dagger pommel..

A nice Luftwaffe dagger here with a rarely seen producer. Excellent Plus. $950.00. LD2 #45457 2nd Model Luftwaffe with Hangers and Portepee No Maker. This wartime produced Luftwaffe dagger is in nice overall condition although it is not maker marked it was definitely produced by the WKC firm as it has all WKC parts and scabbard MAKER MARKS - 4 CROSSGUARD VARIANTS - 4 / 4 ( EICK-1st, EICK-2nd, EICK-3rd, EICK 4th) Paul Casberg, a renowned artist from the period was working for Eickhorn when he was asked to submit drawings for a new dagger design for the German armed forces in 1935, it stands to reason that arguably the largest manufacturer of its time would have been the first to complete and assemble an early base. The German Luftwaffe Dagger was a standard accessory for officers and certain high-ranking NCOs of the elite Luftwaffe (German Air Force). The Luftwaffe knife shares many characteristics with its cousin the German Army dagger.Some of the most prominent features of the German Luftwaffe dagger include a decorative Nazi eagle carrying a swastika in its talons on the knife's cross guard, a.

Luftwaffe Dagge

The Pattern 1935 German Army Dress Dagger is one of a series of German daggers from the World War II era. It was adopted May, 1935 and ceased production May, 1943. By war's end in 1945, these daggers were already being reproduced to sell to souvenir-hunting GI's. The earliest reproductions were fairly crude and often made up of leftover parts Real or fake Luftwaffe dagger. I'm new to collecting and I bought this dagger at an antique mall. I did a bit of research on makers marks and how to tell fakes. I bought this dagger because I had heard of Carl Eickhorn as a dagger maker. At the time I didn't realize how rare dagger etching was Miniature Luftwaffe Daggers. Views: Miniature 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger (#30930) $995.00 . Maker: SMF, SOLINGEN; Condition: EX++. Miniature 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger (#30542) $750.00 . Maker: SMF, SOLINGEN; Condition: EX+/EX++ . Large 2nd Model Luftwaffe Miniature (#30082) $995.00.

maker marks - German Dress Dagger

Dagger Information - DLV 1934 Long Dagger . In 1934 the DLV President, Bruno Loerzer, introduced a dagger for officers of the DLV. It was almost identical to the late 1935 Luftwaffe type 1 dagger. The DLV dagger was much heavier and larger at 55 cm long. The DLV 1934 55-cm dagger was the longest standard dagger of the Third Reich The German Dagger was a very popular souvenir for many WW2 veterans who served in the European theater. For the German officers who wore them, they were a symbol of status, rank and power. Contrary to popular belief, WWII German Daggers were not used as weapons, but simply as an accessory to the uniforms of the German Officers (and a very fancy accessory at that) This dagger has a super blade with only minor wear. Grip leather is undamaged and the wire wrap is solidly intact. Scabbard leather is original as well and also undamaged. The swaz on the pommel and cross guard are a deep gold in color. Comes with original chain made from aluminum. You're viewing: Luftwaffe First Model No Maker $ 1,295.00 SA Dagger with hanger [Early Version] - SMF (Stöcker & Co.) Solingen. Late Luftwaffe Officer Sword [M1937] with Hanger - SMF, Solinger Metallwarenfabrik Stöcker. Air Force Dagger [Luftwaffe], German - SMF Solingen. Army Officer Dagger (M1935) Battalion IR17, German - SMF Solingen. * Prices include VAT., excl. shipping Luftwaffe Officer's Dagger with Hanger Straps (Item LUFT 22-19) DESCRIPTION: These daggers complete with the hangers are difficult to find these days. The maker is Tiger Solingen and this is a brand that is very sought after in the collecting field

Luftwaffe Daggers - Third Reich Daggers & Swords - Germany

A post-1945 manufactured Luftwaffe officer's dagger M 37, maker E.P. & S, Solingen. Plated blade with etched floral motifs, as well as a Luftwaffe eagle centre obverse and 'Major Helmuth Freund' centre reverse. Wire wrapped orange-coloured grip. Pommel and cross-guard of aluminium and plated steel scabbard The dagger has a aluminum Luftwaffe eagle cross guard and pommel with swastika. The dagger has a black bakelite grip with the twisted silver/aluminum wire. The black grip is in excellent condition IT IS HARD TO FIND LUFWAFFE DAGGER WITH GRIP IN BLACK. The dagger comes with scabbard and silver portepee The 1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger design was adopted by the German Luftwaffe in late 1934 and were issued to officers and pilots of the German air force. They were produced by numerous companies in Nazi Germany and took the form of a modified version of the earlier DLV dagger although slightly shorter with an average length of 18.5 inches

Luftwaffe Dagger with Hanger. $750.00. 6/18/21 - This is an original WW2 Luftwaffe dagger with an original hanger. The hanger has been cut off at the ends, unfortunately but is in great condition otherwise with DRGM stamps on the hooks. The blade is in great condition despite some small spots of oxidation and mild discoloration German WWII 2.WK WW2 Luftwaffe Air Forces DELUXE U.E.10 Dagger DRGM Hangers NICE. Pre-Owned. $159.00. 0 bids ·. Time left. Ended (06/22, 06:02 PM) +$12.95 shipping. T S Q p o n V E 9 s o J G B N 6 r e d I. Results matching fewer words Navy Officer Dagger [2nd Model] by Paul Weyersberg Solingen. 1.099,00 EUR. German Bayonet 84/98 by CRS (Paul Weyersberg & Solingen) Navy Officer Dagger [M1938] by Paul Weyersberg Solingen. Luftwaffe Dagger [1937] with Hangers and Portepee by Paul Weyersberg Solingen. DLV Glider Pilot Knife [M1934] with Hanger - Paul Weyersberg Solingen D2030. $3,400.00. Officer Model 17th Lancer British Czaa Hat . BMX59. $1,200.00. WW2 US American Red Cross Volunteer Pin . FLU3227. $30.00. US Army WW2 M1 Garand Cartridge Belt - Boyt 43

Wittmann Antique Militaria - 1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger

1. Luftwaffe Dagger maker?? Post by copperpotuk » 01 Aug 2008, 18:19 Hi all, I am quite new to collecting and have been offered a second edition Luftwaffe Dagger, there is no maker mark on the blade but there is 1939 Solinge
  2. SOLD Original RARE WWII German Luftwaffe (Airforce) Officer's 1st Model Dagger Brought Home By A U.S. Veteran. In March 1933 the Deutscher Luftsport Verband, (German Air Sports League), was established by incorporating all civilian flying clubs into the one organization. The DLV was utilized as a camouflage civilian organization to train personnel for the future Luftwaffe
  3. um hardware and scabbard mounts. The dagger was produced by SMF (Solingen Metallwaren - Fabrik Stocker & Co) of Solingen and is about FINE+ overall condition. It bears the usual SMF makers mark, a Seated King with Swordtrademark, astride the.

Luftwaffe Dagger Producers - War Relic

1. LUFTWAFFE DAGGER 2ND MODEL - M3587. Hads the elaborate E.Pack makers logo on blade, along with the owners anme inscribed above it. Bright blade has a few small areas of corrosion and is a bit dull with expected drag marks. Handle has one tiny stress crack at the top, the wire wrap is tight..
  2. I've read about these Makers Marked Luftwaffe daggers and they all say these are fake ; how come that i can find some on the internet being sold (and bought!) for 350 pounds?? The oakleaves on the upside part of the scabbard look wrong to me. Also the ring with the oakleaves around it has some rude molding seams on 2 sides
  3. WWII German Luftwaffe Dagger by Tiger. $650.00. SA Dagger by Hugo Rader. $600.00 $500.00. WW2 German SA Dagger RZM 7/35 by E.u.F. Horster. $600.00. WW2 German Dress Bayonet with Leather Frog by Alcosa. $150.00. WW2 Dutch Leader Hitler Youth Dagger - SOLD
  4. um mounts, leather wrap grip. 12 1/4'' blade marked P. D. Luneschloss, Solingen. to appraise similar items instantly without sending photos or descriptions
  5. Following the introduction of the Luftwaffe Officers dagger in 1937, the Luft1 dagger continued to be worn by junior NCO's and various other ranks who were entitled to wear one of the various air crew badges (Pilot badge, Radio officer). Wearing of this dagger was discontinued in December 1944. Edited by Bruce Petrin
  6. iature daggers produced in Germany from 1933 until 1945. These

German Dagger Maker Marks Lakesidetrade

All the German daggers and swords showcased for sale, are made by great Solingen-makers, for example, Alcoso, Eickhorn, Holler, Voos and WKC.Additionally, many daggers and swords enjoy impeccable provenance, or rich documents to enable further investigation: all benefit from long-term care and conservation, and are in fine - if not exceptional, condition This list does not include all the hj knife marks or bayonet marks. Maker marks identify the manufacturer of the blade. The luneschloss company operated solingen, germany and also partnered with tiffany & co. Luftwaffe dagger 1937 with hangers by ernst pack & söhne solingen. Edge brand and edge mark history As with the Army style dagger, extra cost items like real Ivory grips could be acquired. as well as Amber glass grips. Of special note on Luftwaffe 2nd daggers is a variation found from the maker Robert Klaas that has a Black grip with silver wire wrap. Exactl Miniature 3/4 Sized Luftwaffe Dagger by SMF. Nice looking Miniature 3/4 Sized Luftwaffe Dagger by SMF with the blade being marked SMF Solingen D.R.G.M. and showing the seated king logo of that company. There is a blue leather washer in place where the blade goes into the crossguard

I have the opportunity to buy this Luftwaffe dagger. This is from an estate, and I would like some opinions on it, as I have little knowledge of German WW2 daggers in general. I believe this to be a first pattern Luftwaffe dagger. The maker's mark is etched very faintly; David Malsch, Steinbachth.. Values for German WWII 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger Dagger with 10'' blade dark orange handle yellowed from age. F. Horester maker's mark. Aluminum fittings with scabbard. to appraise similar items instantly without sending photos or descriptions RARE Luftwaffe DLV Mini Dagger by E.F. Horster The miniature is the standard 9 1/4 Blade is in near full mint condition Blue plastic handle wrapped with a single twisted silver wire Two upper fitting rings with matching silvered chain The reverse of the mounts have simulated staple-like images Maker mark on the blade E. & F. H?rster Solingen. This is a nice honest dagger. The early fittings are all good. The blade is nice showing the classic dark motto. The tiny spots by the maker are just a bit of oil, and can be wiped off some honest age and wear. The scabbard is good and a good match. This is a hard maker to find. It's honest and untouched, so don't miss it

Maker Marks - German Dagger

1. Chained SS Dagger, 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger, RAD Dagger, Hitler Youth Dagger, NSKK Dagger, RLB Dagger, DRK Red Cross Dagger Knives SS 3 Blade Knife with embossed SS runes and Swastika, Hitler Knife with Meine Ehre Heist True motto on blade, Hitler Knife with Alles Fur Deutchland motto on blade
  2. A Second Pattern Luftwaffe Dagger by Robert Klaas GmbH & Co. of Solingen. This is a textbook example of an extremely well preserved second pattern Luftwaffe dagger by an uncommon maker. Measuring 420 mm with the scabbard on, this dagger features a well preserved 265 mm long nickel-plated magnetic steel blade
  3. Description. Very nice early dagger that was given as a gift to Willy Johns from 1940-1941 from his time in Lille. Extremely nice dagger with a dark yellow orange grip and beautiful fittings that are starting to patina. The blade is clean and the engraving shows traces of gilting in the letters. Very nice dagger with some history

WWII German Luftwaffe 2nd Model dagger with scabbard, no makers mark present. Firearms & Military Artifacts > Nazi Hi Power, Winchesters Galore, Ammmo, Knives. WWII German Luftwaffe 2nd Model dagger with scabbard, no makers mark present. View Item in Catalog Lot #2926 . Sold for: $375.00 to r****2 Tax, Shipping & Handling and Internet Premium. Original WW2 German Luftwaffe Dagger (Rich Plumacher Sohn Solingen) Description: Original WW2 German 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger made by Rich Plumacher Sohn Solingen which WAY more rare than other makers. Fittings are DRGM marked . Excellent condition, original finish, no rust or pitting on metal, no cracks on hilt The dagger was designed based on an earlier piece used by the DLV. There were two types of Luftwaffe 1st model daggers produced; the first type had nickel fittings while the second type had aluminum fittings. This page features the aluminum dagger but at the end pictures are provided to compare both samples

Luftwaffe Prototype Dagger | Eickhorn | Prototype Number 2Stewarts Military Antiques - - German Post WWII Early

wardaggers.com - German Dagger Reproduction Awarenes

1. We offer a variety of edged weapons from American fought wars. Browse our selection of knives, bayonets and swords. Some types of WW2 Knives we have sold in the past are as follows: Daggers, Hewer, and Machetes among others
  2. Personalized 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger w/Ivory Grip, Portepee & Double-Etched Blade (#29753) $7,500.00. Maker: Emil Voos, stamped snake around tree trunk single oval TM; Condition: EX++
  3. t. $550. More Photos. 163EW21 - Army officer sword by Emil Voos. This sword represents an outstanding example by one of Germany's top maker's of edged weapons. Emil Voos daggers and swords reflect the highest level of craftsmanship. This sword features a lion head pommel with red glass eyes
  4. Luftwaffe Borddolch with leather hanger. Description. The blade is in good condition. It has a few small stains. No maker's mark. Blue leather finished grip. The wire wrapping is intact. Silvered zinc fittings. The pommel and crossguard shows on each side a sunwheel swastika
  5. Available in limited quantities, they are reasonably priced and make gorgeous display pieces when mounted in your favorite dagger. We offer these without maker marks in Army, 2nd Luftwaffe, and Kriegsmarine (Naval) dagger styles, and the naval blade is complete with the correct double fullers and spring catch
  6. um fittings, being a slightly lighter attractive tone. The pommel is the type with the pebbling in the backgrounds and it has.
  7. ium finish. The pommel swastika motifs polished.The highly polished, dagger blade with the Alcoso maker name. The steel scabbard in a light grey anodised finish and with contrasting oakleaf bands

The Collector's Guil

A Third Reich Luftwaffe Officer's dress dagger 2nd pattern - maker marked Stocker and Co. (S.M.F.) of Solingen In good original condition - wired, rich amber, phenol resin grip is in very good condition with no cracks or damage - Blade in excellent condition Maker- Gebruder Wegerhoff - Ludenscheid. A good late war zinc badge. The badge has the unique hinge and catch common to Gebruder Wegerhoff of Ludenscheid. Luftwaffe 2nd Model Officer's Dress Dagger $ 585.00 # LD001. Maker- WMW Waffen. Availability: 1 item(s) Quantity: Add to wish list. Luftwaffe 2nd Model Officer's Dress Dagger.

Wittmann Antique Militaria - 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger

Carl Eickhorn is a legendary maker from Solingen, the famous City of Blades in Western Germany. According to J. Anthony Carter's book, GERMAN KNIFE AND SWORD MAKERS, this marking type was specifically used on Luftwaffe and NPEA daggers, as well as the Feldmarschall series of swords. The company was founded in 1865 by Carl Eickhorn, and is. Maker's mark. Numerals on lip. and the cross guard were produced through the use of medallion inserts similar to the construction of the 1st model Luftwaffe dagger. The medallions were in the design of the Sonnenrad (the mobile swastika sunwheel). The dagger and sword were designed by Hermann Goring himself DEMAG German Halftrack Maker Advertising Miniature Bayonet $ 250.00 Add to cart. Miniature Luftwaffe Sword by Alcoso $ 495.00 $ 350.00 Add to cart. German Army Dagger Hangers $ 150.00 Add to cart. Chain for First Model Luftwaffe Dagger, Un-Issued by OLC GES. GESCH $ 195.00 Add to cart. Red Cross Hewer Scabbard and Frog - Top Throat.

Our German Third Reich Damascus Dagger Blades are completely hand-forged REAL DAMASCUS Echt Damas! Available in limited quantities and devoid of maker marks, they are reasonably priced and make gorgeous display pieces when mounted in your favorite Heer (Army) or 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger. As original crossguards and grips vary slightly from maker to maker, a slight amount of hand fitting. Remains of dried gun oil on the blade. No maker's mark. White handle with intact wire wrapping. Aluminum fittings. Remains of gilding on the swastikas on the pommel present. No dents to the scabbard (magnetic). With the luxury dagger hangers. RZM U.E.10 maker marked and DRGM marked. All snap clips are fully working. Signs of use and age Boschert served with the Legion Condor during the Spanish Civil War for the German Luftwaffe. A recipient of the Spanish Cross in bronze with swords. His grouping came straight of the grand-nephew and was never available on the market before! Nickel-plated steel blade. No maker's mark. Stained. The orange handle comes with an intact wire.

Genuine well preserved 2nd pattern Luftwaffe officer dagger in good condition. Late war example without maker mark on the blade. Perfect piece for display The German Luftwaffe issued a dress dagger to it's officers, for wear with the Walking-Out and Parade dress uniforms from 1934 until May 1945. It was a status symbol for the officers and while it served little practical purpose, it was ceremonial. Officers treated their daggers as a symbol of their office and rank, and with respect.. Officers in other branches of the Wehrmacht and other. ARMY OR 2ND MOD. LUFTWAFFE DAGGER BLADE 10 1/4 INCH WMW MAKER EXCELLENT COND. Photos not available for this variation. Condition: Used. BLADE SHOWS SOME CLEANING TOWARDS THE END AND LIGHT RUSTING AT SOME TIME. THREADS INTACT. Ended: Jul 01, 2021 , 3:03PM

wardaggers.com - German Army Dagger Maker Manufacturer ..

Hello, first I want to say that I know nothing about swords. My Grandfather was a collector and he passed away several years ago. I inherited several swords, one being a German sword with a swastika on it. I researched it and found it to be a Luftwaffe Officer Sword from Nazi Germany. I am a little behind on the bills so I have opted to sell it, so I placed it on ebay.. 2nd model SMF Luftwaffe dagger/hangers opinions and how to wrap. by Collectorpete. 05/10/2021 10:24 AM. Collectorpete. Replies: 0 Views: 113 0 113 05/10/2021 10:24 AM. Paul Weyersberg Heer Dagger - Makers Mark. by MerlinSS. 01/21/2021 10:49 AM. Dion. Replies: 14 Views: 622 14 622 01/21/2021 10:49 AM. by Dion. Navy dagger scabbard design. by. German luftwaffe dagger, first model. Description German luftwaffe dagger, first model. In good but used condition Material: metal & leather. Offered is this dagger which is in very nice used condition and 100% original. The maker is: Sollingen E & F Horster. Above this marker is a small Eagle with number 5, see picture 19

WW2 German Luftwaffe Dagger Buyer & Seller — iBuyWorldWar2

Original pre-1945 Nazi relics and German militaria bought and sold. We buy and sell WWII German daggers, swords, uniforms, helmets, hats, medals, badges, flags and more WW2 German Luftwaffe 1st Edition Dagger. We inherited a massive collection from Korean War vet which the collection started in the 1950'simmense collection dating from 1400's through The Gulf War including Firearms. Selling entire collection in group lots

Maker's marks found on swords and knives: Many german knife manufacturers are based in solingen. Im trying to compare something with this mark. But solingen is a city in germany. While most offer decent or even good quality there are some really bad knives made in solingen. Army officer's dagger with hangers by smf solingen Luftwaffe second model dagger with hangers and portpee. Rare maker marked by Ernst Pack & Sohne. The handle is also a rare glass style. Hangers are made by Assman. This is an excellent item with unusual features The dagger has been stored in a filing cabinet since 1945. Except for a small amount of wear on the backside of the Luftwaffe eagle, the dagger is in good shape, without rust. No restoration, cleaning, etc. is applied, the pictures show it untouched. Two distinct markings are on the base of the blade. Thank you, Matt The History of the WWII German Army Dagger - The Army was made part of the Wehrmacht in May 1935 with the passing of the Law for the Reconstruction of the National Defence Forces. The Wehrmacht included not just the Army and Navy but also a third branch known as the Luftwaffe Cased 3/4 Size Miniature Luftwaffe Dagger by SMF. Absolutely superb and rare Cased 3/4 Size Miniature Luftwaffe Dagger by SMF in excellent condition. The mint blade is marked SMF Solingen D.R.G.M. and shows the seated king logo of that company. There is a blue leather washer in place where the blade goes into the crossguard

Untouched and Uncleaned Chained First Model Luftwaffe Officer Dagger $ 750.00. Item Number: 52376. SOLD! Double Marked SA Service Dagger RZM M7/66 1938 with Eickhorn Trademark and Hanger $ 675.00. Item Number: 52325. SOLD! SA Service Dagger RZM M7/42 (Weyersberg, Kirschbaum & Co.) $ 675.00 German WWII Luftwaffe Dagger Hangers: $120: This is a nice original set showing only light age and use, and will still work fine with your dagger. 71830: Mint Unissued Water Customs Dagger Portepee $400: This is a mint perfect example ready to display on your dagger or leave it tied with the original string the way it is It's the bomb, so don't. The following maker marks are found on period Luftwaffe badges. produced between 1935-1945. It should be noted that manufacturers also produced the same badges without any maker marks- therefore, unmarked badges should not be dismissed as originals purely because they are devoid of any marks. F.W Assmann & Söhne - Lüdenscheid. 1936-1938 Nazi Second-Model Luftwaffe (Air Force) Officer's Dagger, officially adopted in 1937. Originals of these knives were not marked with the circular logo containing RZM Reichzeugmeistereider (National Material Control Office). This was Nazi Germany's controlling organization for various manufactured products under Hitler's Third Reich

Alcoso 2

German Army Dress Daggers - Real Or Repr

SMGL-2828 RAD EM Hewer Hanger By A&S $ 450.00 Add to cart SMGL-2784 Heer Dagger Hangers with broken box Clip $ 100.00 Add to cart SMGL-2717 Luftwaffe Dagger Portepee $ 70.00 Add to cart SMGL-2675 Heer Dagger Portepe Product Details. Reproduction Luftwaffe 2nd Model Dagger (1937 model). The pommel, cross-guard and scabbard have a polished nickel colored finish. The white resin grip is wrapped in silver colored wire. These have no maker mark on the blade. Kelley's Military does not support or represent any organization that promotes hate or racism Luftwaffe 2nd Model Dagger by Alcoso with Hanger & Porteppe. Item #GEW-011 $850.00. view: Multi-view. enlarge + description. Hitler Youth Knife with Motto by GEBR. Bell. Item #GEW-012 $600.00. view: Multi-view. enlarge + description Reputable Dagger Buyers. Valuations provided At Zero Cost . Legion Condor, Spanish Civil War 1936-1939, WW II general decorations, Decorations of the Wehrmacht Army, Decorations of the Kriegsmarine, Decorations of the Luftwaffe, Foreign volunteers of the Wehrmacht, German States pre- 1933: Orders and decorations, German Reich..

Kriegsmarine dagger by Alcoso, one pretty rare bird to findGerman Daggers & Swords | Military & DressA Nazi Germany leather horse saddle, size 4, with makersWe Buy & Sell German WWII Daggers, Medals & More!Damascus steel German Holiben dagger blade Blank Knives

For German daggers come to Military Collectables. We have all kinds of German Second World War daggers, Hitler Youth daggers, Luftwaffe daggers, SS daggers. German Army daggers and German SS daggers. I have been interested in all aspects of German militaria for over 30 years. Whilst my interest is broad, it centres on the edged weapons. Luftwaffe officer's dagger with hangers and portepee Description. The blade has a few small stains and is in good condition 2+. No maker's mark. Aluminium handle fittings. The swastikas on the pommel are gilt. A yellow handle with intact wire wrapping. No chipping. Attached officer's portepee Details. 1934 1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger. The grip and scabbard are covered in blue leather. The pommel, cross-guard and scabbard fittings are made of metal and have a polished silver finish. The pommel and cross-guard also feature a brass colored swastika on both sides. The grip is also wrapped with a strand of silver colored wire The German dagger hangers are for use with uniforms of all German WW2 armed forces. They are frequently attached to a clip on the tunic and are fed through the pocket. Many people use them to dispay their collection of WW2 daggers in cabinets or on walls. The dagger hanger clips exhibit the oak leaf pattern